The course aims the student to specialize in Polymer Engineering in the areas of composite materials, advanced processing, design of production systems (molds) and product development, with an emphasis on sustainability, management and quality control issues. This study cycle is part of a unique training field in the country, with strong connection to national and international industries. It ensures an academic and/or industrial specialization by carrying research and innovation in Research Centers, Technological Centers and Companies. The students can deepen professional skills, be critical on the integration of knowledge, become an expert in a certain area or develop cutting edge work in Science and Polymer Engineering. This course complements the training acquired in the Polymer Engineering Degree course.
Key learning outcomes
1. To develop new materials, processes and production tools for products with different characteristics, in response to market demands and future industries;
2. To develop high value-added products by integrating knowledge of in-service behavior analysis with material selection, process and production systems;
3. To consider real context situations and act to select appropriate analysis methods for problem solving, for change of materials, design or production processes;
4. To apply concepts of sustainability and eco design in the development of new products;
5. To use modeling tools to solve polymer engineering related problems;
6. To execute experimental or simulation work according to a research plan work proposed by the student
7. To express in oral and written forms the synthesis of the work done;
8. To acquire team work skills following ethical values and intellectual respect.
Access to higher education
The degree of Master is a level 7 on the qualification allowing to pursue for training in level 8 of PhD in the areas of (i) Polymer and Composite Science and Engineering, (ii) Advanced Materials and Processing, (iii) Leaders for the Technology Industries and (iv) Materials, among others.
The Master of Polymer Engineering trains professionals for the plastics processing, mold industry, raw materials processing, raw materials trading, product design and development, project managers, managers and quality controllers, researchers and research project leaders, among others. Training is appropriate and competitive for national and international markets.