The Advanced Studies Programme in Numerical Computation in Engineering aggregates various related topics into 3 curricular units (CUs) with 5 ECTS each.
The Advanced Studies Programme in Numerical Computation in Engineering aims to teach:
i) Researchers in science, economy, medicine, statistics, and engineering areas, from the second studies cycle in applied sciences or engineering with needs on formation in the areas of the numerical solution of differential equations. The following learning results should be obtained:
- To update / complement knowledge about numerical computation
- To analyze and model Engineering systems
- To use scientific computational tools in the solution of differential equations
ii) Industrial and services professional with adequate competencies in using subjects related with the solution of differential equation problems. In this case the following learning results should be obtained:
- To obtain knowledge about numerical methods for differential equations
- To obtain an up-to-date vision of the potential use of numerical computation in engineering and applied sciences
- To use scientific computational tools in differential equations problems
Coordinator: Senhorinha de Fátima Capela Fortunas Teixeira
Departamento de Produção e Sistemas
Campus de Azurém
tel: (+351) 253 510 341
Academic degree conferred: Certificate (diploma) in Advanced Studies
Field of study: Technologies and Engineering Sciences
Admission conditions: Master degree in Engineering or Sciences, 2nd cycle degree in Engineering or Sciences, or equivalent.
Places: minimum 5, maximum 10
Course duration: 1 semester
Fees: (to be defined)
Timetable: Thursdays and/or Fridays
Location: mostly at campus dof Azurém, Guimarães. Some session will be held at campus of Gualtar, Braga.