The Degree in Polymer Engineering aims to train professionals with skills in the field of Science and Polymer Engineering, with a solid background in basic engineering sciences, polymer science, polymeric materials and their modification, processing techniques, characterization of materials and products, as well as principles of product development. This degree also covers topics with social and environmental relevance, such as the relationship between polymers, the product and the environment. Profession holding this degree should be able to develop projects where sustainability and ecodesign coexists.
The Course ensures university education in a field of great economic importance and high technological development in different industrial sectors, such as the automotive, aerospace, medical, sports, electronics, packaging, renewable energy, among others.
Key learning outcomes
- To use information systems for communication, acquisition and data processing, and scientific calculations;
- To draw, model and design products with strong incorporation of plastic materials;
- To know materials, polymeric systems and their properties;
- To select polymeric materials or polymeric systems based on the specifications of a product;
- To understand the fundamental concepts of industrial processes and processing systems for the production of plastic parts;
- To select techniques and processing conditions based on the material and final product;
- To use characterization techniques to evaluate the polymeric systems and to guarantee the quality of the plastic components and products;
- To integrate sustainable practices in the design and production of polymer-based products;
- To express in oral and written forms the synthesis of the work done;
- To acquire team work skills following ethical values ??and intellectual respect.
Access to higher education
This course gives the technical-scientific ability to access to the 2nd cycle courses (masters).
The course aims to train Polymer Engineering professionals with technical-scientific engineering skills and a specialization in the field of polymer materials. This training is suitable for industries and services related to the plastics industrial application, being able to practice at national and international labor markets.