The School of Engineering has recently become one of the seventy institutions selected worldwide to integrate the Pan-European Seal Traineeship Program, which aims to establish a strong relationship between the academic world, the European Patent Office (EPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), fostering actions aimed at promoting Industrial Property (IP), in a close approach between universities and the labour market.
This traineeship program provides young graduates or high-performance university students, in their final year of studies, with access to one-year paid traineeships at EPO (Munich, Germany) and at EUIPO (Alicante, Spain), two of the largest IP organizations worldwide, helping them to enter in the competitive world of IP through an important multicultural professional work experience.
The available traineeships cover several areas of study, as described in the official documents of the programme:
and on the following webpages:
Thus, the application period for the Pan-European Seal Traineeship Program is now open, aimed at students with proven academic excellence who wish to have a valuable work experience, which can shape their professional future, in an international organization or in an agency of the European Union.
Students/recent graduates interested in submitting an application to the Pan-European Seal Traineeship Program must send the following documents to the email firstname.lastname@example.org until the 5th of March:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass Word format)
- Degree/Master Diploma (which can be replaced by a provisional declaration, until the final diploma is issued)
The Presidency of the School of Engineering, in close articulation with the Course Directors, will select the candidates who will be included in the shortlist to be sent to the EPO and to the EUIPO. Candidates who will be part of this shortlist will be contacted directly by the EEUM Internationalization Office, in order to submit their online application and complete the courses required by the organization to which they are applying (more information in the attached documents).
EPO and EUIPO will select the candidates until April 30 and those selected will be contacted during May (EPO) and June (EUIPO). The 12-month traineeship will start in September 2020.
Eligibility - EPO:
- nationals of any of the 38 EPO member states or future member states, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Have obtained a full undergraduate/master degree or its equivalent no later than two years prior to the date of the application, or be currently enrolled in PhD studies.
- Have completed the indicated EPO e-learning courses (additional information will follow only to selected candidates that will integrate the EEUM's shortlist).
- Have knowledge of one of EPO's three working languages (German, English or French) at a minimum level of B1 following the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
Eligibility - EUIPO:
- Trainees shall be selected from nationals of the Member States of the European Union and candidate countries. A limited number of nationals of candidate countries and third countries may be accepted.
- Have obtained a full undergraduate/master degree or its equivalent no later than two years prior to the date of the application.
- To complete the EUIPO online courses (additional information will follow only to selected candidates that will integrate the EEUM's shortlist).
- Internal application submission (to EEUM) – 5 March;
- EEUM's internal selection – 12 March;
- Submission of online application by the students who will integrate the shortlist – until 22 March;
- Selection process by EPO and EUIPO – 1 to 30 April;
- Communication of final results – May (EPO) and June (EUIPO).
EPO: 2000 Eur per month.
EUIPO: 1000 Eur per month.
The information available on this site does not exempt you from consulting the information available on the official documents of the program as well as the EPO's and EUIPO's webpages.
For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the EEUM Internationalization Office (email@example.com).