The partnership between Bosch and the University of Minho opened a new path in relations between industry and educational institutions. The first project in partnership - HMIExcel (2013-2015) had a great national and international impact, and the results, applications and innovations are at the level of what is best in Europe and the world. The partnership between Bosch and the University of Minho has allowed developing a high degree of innovation technologies with extreme relevance to the Multimedia Automotive sector, including the development of new processes, products and solutions that enable the strengthening and entry into new markets, production solutions tailored to each client.
The partnership between the two institutions showed innovation culture exported by Bosch, actively contributing to the construction of reputable technology developed and produced in Portugal, to ensure greater international competitiveness.
The HMIExcel enabled the increase of various levels of technical and scientific know-how, which produced added value for all involved and the results achieved validated the road traveled, promoting new developments state-of-the-art, which formed a solid foundation with enhanced knowledge for future collaborations. The HMIExcel project also allowed the Bosch unit in Braga performs its first patent applications at the National Institute of Industrial Property, reaching an important milestone in the company's history in Portugal.
After the success achieved with the HMIExcel programme (2013-2015), the partnership of RDT between the Bosch Car Multimedia Portugal and the University of Minho came forward with a new programme called Innovative Car HMI. The Innovative Car HMI programme is the result of two applications,
iFACTORY. However, its size and complexity takes the two consortium entities, Bosch Car Multimedia and University of Minho, to operationalize it as a single Programme R & D - Innovative Car HMI.
The Programme Innovative Car HMI consists of 30 projects and has as main objectives:
Create knowledge and technology in Portugal that translate into global innovations in the future automobile solutions, enhancing the way to "zero vision". Thus, efforts will contribute to the design and development of new products and technologies, such as:
- communications system vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) and vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P);
- sensors and detection systems;
- HMI systems;
- software and embedded applications for intelligent vehicles;
- noise cancellation systems and mechanical components without noise;
- 100% plastic chassis, as well as for the design and development tools and support process development, production and quality control of new products and technologies.
To generate scientific and technological advances resulting in a set of processes, systems and tools that will give a high level of flexibility and quality combined with competitive costs, the main operations related to the different phases of industrialization projects at Bosch BrgP. Thus, efforts will contribute to the design and development of:
- materials and devices for quality control, processing, manufacturing and factory management;
- quality control tools;
- prototyping and manufacturing processes;
- logistics systems;
- management systems of production and maintenance;
- business intelligence systems and project management.